We seek afflatus, but they laugh at us, or at most flatter us. But when the divine breath flutters through us, it will inflate us; for inspiration, we must inhale the sacred wind or we will expire. It is not just hot air! We are not just windbags or wind-breakers! …Right? Continue reading
Get a premium subscriptionSupport Sesquiotica with a paid subscription and get extra premium content and goodies. Starts as low as $1 a month! Find out more and subscribe on Patreon.com
I am for hireI earn my living as an independent editor, writer, and educator. Find out more and contact me at jamesharbeck.com.
Buy the T-shirt (or coffee mug or hip flask)
Wear it proudly:
I operate on a NEED-TO-KNOW basis. I need to know EVERYTHING.
Buy it at cafepress.ca/sesquiphernalia
Buy my books
Word Tasting Notes Google groupGet just the word tasting notes daily by email – join the Google Word Tasting Notes group.
- 365 words for drunk
- Chapter 9. Maxim’s
- around, about, approximately
- An historic(al) usage trend: a historic(al) usage trend
- Can a metaphor be hyperbole too?
- On wine tasting and grammar
- Article Index
- An Appreciation of English: A language in motion
- An article title, "An article title 'An article title needs commas' needs commas," needs commas